Thank you for your interest in Bishop Diego High School! If you have questions about our amazing school or the admissions process, please let us know. We are here to assist you in any way that we can!
Dr. Cristy McNay
Director of Admissions
Begin the online application HERE. We are excited to begin this journey with you!
- Applications and all required documents are due by January 31, 2019.
- To be considered for admission to Bishop Diego, the following steps are required:
- Submission of an online application
- Payment of the $80 application fee
- Submit requests for recommendations from English and Math teachers and Principal or Academic Advisor (done electronically within the online application
- Download the Request for Transcripts form from the application checklist
- Download, complete and upload the Applicant Questionnaire (found with the online application checklist)
- Complete the Personal Essay (prospective 10th and 11th grade students only)
- Choose a date for the Entrance Placement Test (prospective freshmen only)
- Choose a date for the Personal interview
If you are not ready to submit an online application, but you do want to be in the information loop, please submit an Online Inquiry by clicking the link below. We cannot wait to share Bishop Diego High School with you!
Requests for a Personalized Tuition Plan (Tuition Assistance) and ALL supporting documents must be received by FACTS no later than January 31, 2019. Requests received after this date may not be honored.
Bishop Garcia Diego High School Admission Criteria:
Students are admitted to Bishop Diego High School on the basis of their academic record, performance on the Entrance Placement Test (for 9th-grade applicants only), recommendations, and the student's willingness to abide by the school’s philosophy, rules, regulations, and standards. Students entering 9th grade must have graduated from 8th grade. Ideally, students are admitted at the beginning of a semester but may be admitted as late as a quarter marking period. All admission inquiries are facilitated by the Director of Admissions.
- Entrance Placement Test (prospective freshmen only)
- Personal Essay (written during the Entrance Placement Exam for freshmen)
- Personal Interview with Bishop leadership
- Review of report cards from two previous years of school and current grades
- 2.5 GPA with no "D" or “F” semester grade marks (on a 2.0 = C scale),
- Satisfactory Citizenship and Work Habits marks (marks of “U” or "N" may preclude an applicant from admission),
- Satisfactory school attendance,
Interview with partner school personnel at the discretion 8th-grade
*8th grade students who do not achieve grade level (8.0) standards may be required to take Bishop Diego’s Summer Bridge English class as a condition of enrollment.
Junior/Senior transfer students:
In addition to the applicable requirements above, Junior transfer students will be evaluated on their ability to meet BDHS graduation requirements over four semesters. Senior students are admitted on a case by case basis.