Art begins with resistance - at the point where resistance is overcome. No human masterpiece has ever been created without great labor.
The visual and performing arts faculty offer students the opportunity to develop their skills and reach their fullest potential as artists. We encourage students to enhance their technical, practical, and creative techniques so that they may communicate and express themselves in effective and meaningful ways.
In all of our courses, we provide students with an experience in the arts that reflect:
- Artistic Perception: Processing, analyzing, and responding to sensory information through the language and skills unique to a given art.
- Creative Expression: Creating, performing, and participating in a given art.
- Historical and Cultural Context: Understanding historical contributions and cultural dimensions of a given art.
- Aesthetic Valuing: Responding to, analyzing, and making critical assessments about works of a given art form.
- Connections, Relationships, and Applications: Connecting and applying what is learned in a given art form to learning in other art forms, subject areas, and careers.
Color & Design