Bishop’s Counseling and Students Services Division works closely with all students to ensure they are reaching their highest academic potential.
All students are provided with an academic plan that exceeds University of California and California State University entrance requirements.
- Counselors meet individually with parents and students to discuss class scheduling, academic progress and other questions pertaining to academic planning. When students experience challenges or wish to expand their studies, counselors facilitate meetings with teachers and provide information or referrals as appropriate.
- All transfer students’ grades are tracked to ensure a smooth transition to Bishop.
- Students participate in the College Board’s PSAT standardized testing program annually. The results are used to continue guiding students in their academic planning and college choices.
- Parents and students are invited to attend college-planning workshops throughout their academic career at Bishop. These include presentations on college planning, the University of California, the California State University system, applying to colleges using the Common Application and funding higher education.
- Students and parents meet individually with college counselors starting in the junior year to begin finding colleges that are the best match for student’s interests and strengths.
- Counselors make classroom visits to highlight leadership, enrichment and scholarship opportunities.
- College representatives are invited to visit with students on Bishop’s campus.
- Awards ceremonies highlight and celebrate academic accomplishments.
- On campus SAT/ACT Test Preparation is available to students.