CARDINAL FOOTBALL SUMMER PRACTICES 2017
Thank you for your interest in being part of our football family. Below are the tentative dates of practice for both our varsity and junior varsity levels. There typically are adjustments made depending on passing league events or tournaments as well as to ensure there is no conflict with practices by other Bishop sports teams. More detailed information will be sent to newly registered students at the beginning of May. New players to the program, including incoming freshmen and transfer students, are welcome to join us after completing their school year AND their registration. To get started, workout shorts, tennis shoes and cleats are required. Information on purchasing spirit pack items will be provided in the near future.
SUMMER SCHEDULE: (supervised weight room and field work)
- June 5–June 30 – 2:00–5:30 Practices (M- F in addition to passing league TBA)*
* Two days a week we may shift strength & conditioning to 10 a.m. for those students who are not in summer school. On those days, field practices will start at 3:00 p.m.
- July 2 – July 23 – Dead Period – Weightlifting M- Thurs, Time TBD (attendance mandatory unless excused)
- July 24–July 28*** – M-F–Single practices M/W/F, 2 a days Tu/Th (am/pm at times TBA)
- July 31–August 5 – Daily with 2 a day practices M/W/F (am/pm at time TBA)
- August 7–12 – (weightlifting M/W/F in am, field practices 3:00 – 6:00)
- August 14 – 17 (school starts August 16) – practice times 3:30 – 6:30
- August 18 – Scrimmage with Pioneer Valley
*** This is change from past years. We resume a week earlier given dead period dates. Practices are Mandatory.